The Books Are In The Mail to All Who
Ordered Them From Us In
the Collinwood Shop
You should have them soon.
If You Haven’t Ordered One –
Now is the Time!!!
The New York Central System Historical Society announces the another book of the Central’s steam power triumvirate. This hard cover book completes the documentation of the New York Central’s Mohawk class, the L-3 and L-4 Mohawks.
- Detailed history of the late Mohawk design of 1940, and the final L-4 design of 1942, using official railroad records and drawings, and profusely illustrated using an outstanding collection of high-quality photographs from the Society’s Collection and other collections, many previously unpublished
- Over 300 pages and photographs, including a 32-page color section
- Informative captions
- Useful to modelers and historians
- Written by Tom Gerbracht, NYCSHS Director
- Limited production run, hard cover, using the best paper stock and outstanding photo reproduction, and sewn binding for permanency
- Very limited quantity of numbered and signed copies available as a separate store item
The book describes and illustrates the original late Mohawk design, and the evolution of the basic design that resulted in the L-4 Mohawk, perhaps the best dual service two-cylinder steam locomotive design ever developed. Included is a separate section on late Mohawk tenders, one of the secrets of the Mohawk’s success. Oddities are identified, and the final days of late Mohawk operation are also fully documented, including last runs. The late Mohawk design is compared with contemporary steam designs used by other railroads in the Central’s service area.
- Expected Delivery in early October 2020
- All proceeds donated to the NYCSHS
- MSRP $89.99 NYCSHS Members $71.99
- Limited number of signed and numbered copies $250.00
- Shipping is $10.00 for US buyers
- Non-US buyers pay actual shipping costs
- Ohio residents pay 8% Ohio Sales Tax
You can order the book directly from the Collinwood Shop by Clicking Here
You can download a form and mail it in with a check. Click here to Download Order Form
Order One Today!!!
WHEN will this be finished !!!
It was delivered to us but had a torn page. We are returning the books to the printer to correct the problem. They have been closed for a couple of weeks but promise us that they will set up the schedule for correcting the problem this week. We expect to have info about the schedule this week. It is a beautiful book and only one page was damaged. Watch this website for updates.
Branchline Empires by Michael Bezilla has some coverage also.
have there been any books written about the nyc pennsylvania division?
Very little was written about the PA Division. Wellsboro’s Own Railroad by Rich Stoving covers some of it. It shows up in a few other books with a few pics, but nothing in depth.
I ORDERED A BOOK ,I WISH TO CANCEL THE ORDER AS THE AMOUNT IS WRONG AS IT HAS DOUBLED AS I WILL ORDER IF CORRECTED AS A MEMBER I SHOULD GET A DISCOUNT #4414 YHANK-YOU
If you sign in you will get the discount. If you cannot figure out how to do that contact us at CollinwoodShop@nycshs.org and we will help you do that.