Empire State Express Campaign
Map of the Empire State Express Campaign
The Express Is Approaching
Painesville,OH, Headed for Cleveland.
$37,171.00 donated to date!!!
Need Another $2,829 to Reach Cleveland!!
Donations should continue as we are making great
progress but still have a ways to go!!
Contribute On Line at:
Or Mail Your Contributions To:
NYCSHS ESE Campaign
P.O. Box 328
Shady Side,MD 20764
The focus for the “Empire State Express” funds will be on furthering the Society’s mission of making information available. The funds will be used for:
- Continuing the scanning of historical materials – computers, scanners and paying for scanning we cannot do.
- Maintaining and improving the IT system- Expand the IT system for new users at the archive, add additional website capability, obtain additional contract IT support, add secure backup in a cloud based system – continue to add features and applications to the existing system.
- Acquisition of new materials – This is for the purchase of NYCS photos, maps and other memorabilia that is determined to be important to our history.
- Expanding the library – Adding reference material and improving the database to make retrieval of library references
- Displaying object collections, such as models, china, silver and memorabilia – Purchase of display cabinets for the object collections
- Coordinating with other railway historical societies – Offering material not associated with the NYCS that we have acquired through donations to other societies. – Shipping and postage to do this
- Expanding the help which we provide to members, historians, authors and model makers. – Adding applications, databases and security that make it easier to do research in the archive.
- Support of other NYC related historical activities. – Providing general support to other NYC related activities in the form of grants and support.
We have created a magnificent Archive. Now it’s time to make it grow!
Please make your check or money order payable to NYCSHS and write Empire State Express Fund in the memo box or line.
Noel F. Widdifield, Treasurer, P.O. Box 328, Shady Side, MD 20764
You can also make a donation through our on-line Collinwood Shop.
Go to www.nycshs.net and sign in.
Then drop down and click on the “Contributions” under “CATEGORY”. Then move down and click on the “Empire State Express Fund Donation” item. Select the amount you wish to donate and follow the instructions to check out and donate.
Donations can be made by check, money order, credit card or PayPal.
And remember, the NYCSHS is a Section 501.c.(3) organization, so your donation is tax deductible under IRS regulations, depending, of course, on your personal situation. Further, if you work for or are retired from a company that offers matching contributions, please investigate to determine if your contribution can be matched by your company. We will be pleased to assist you in identifying and completing the necessary forms for a funds match.
Your support of the NYCSHS has never been more important than it is now. Please join with your fellow members in making a substantial contribution that will enable us to expand and maintain our wonderful Archive.”