NYCSHS Announces an Exciting New Book
Know Thy Hudsons
By Thomas R. Gerbracht
The book has sold out. Thank you to all of you who purchased the book and for supporting the NYCSHS.
This hard cover book is the complete story of the NYC Hudson by subclass, written by NYCSHS Director and former President Tom Gerbracht, after several years of research into the most famous NYC steam locomotives. Tom gives the detailed history of the NYC Hudson from official railroad record cards and drawings. The book covers all of the locomotives in the Hudson class, including the Boston & Albany J-2s, the Dreyfuss and Empire State streamlined locos, and of the tenders used by Hudsons. Extensive detailed reference material is included. The book has over 250 pages and 200 photographs, many previously unpublished, with 32 of them in color. Excellent for modelers.
- Summaries from official railroad records for 118 Hudson locomotives
- Engines by subclass, including the B&A Hudsons
- A section on Dreyfuss and Empire State Express streamlined engines
- A section on Hudson tenders
- Many Hudson “oddities”
- Hudsons being tested, run, and in the shops
- Hudsons’ final runs
- Detailed drawings for the modeler, including Paint and Lettering Drawings
- Even the “The Hudson that never was…”