The NYCSHS on-line Store Has Numerous NYCS Books
Go to the Collinwood Shop and See many more!!
NYCSHS Announces the Latest In The
Series of NYCS Steam Locomotive Books
- Detailed history of the late Mohawk design of 1940, and the final L-4 design of 1942, using official railroad records and drawings, and profusely illustrated using an outstanding collection of high-quality photographs from the Society’s Collection and other collections, many previously unpublished
- Over 300 pages and photographs, including a 32-page color section
- Informative captions
- Useful to modelers and historians
- Written by Tom Gerbracht, NYCSHS Director and former President
- Limited production run, hard cover, using the best paper stock and outstanding photo reproduction, and sewn binding for permanency
- Very limited quantity of numbered and signed copies available as a separate store item
- MSRP $89.99
- NYCSHS Member Price 71.99
- All domestic US orders have $10.00 shipping added
- All non-US orders are charged actual shipping cost
- All proceeds go to the NYCSHS.
- Very limited run and no reprints.
- Order online at: Collinwood Shop
- Or mail order to address below.
- Dealers orders welcome – inquire at NYCSHS@verizon.net
Mail orders to:
Know Thy Late Mohawks
P.O. Box 328
Shady Side, MD 20764
Be sure to include check for the book and shipping!!!
Know Thy Hudsons
By Thomas R. Gerbracht
This hard cover book is the complete story of the NYC Hudson by subclass, written by NYCSHS Director and former President Tom Gerbracht, after several years of research into the most famous NYC steam locomotives. Tom gives the detailed history of the NYC Hudson from official railroad record cards and drawings. The book covers all of the locomotives in the Hudson class, including the Boston & Albany J-2s, the Dreyfuss and Empire State streamlined locos, and of the tenders used by Hudsons. Extensive detailed reference material is included. The book has over 250 pages and 200 photographs, many previously unpublished, with 32 of them in color. Excellent for modelers.
- Summaries from official railroad records for 118 Hudson locomotives
- Engines by subclass, including the B&A Hudsons
- A section on Dreyfuss and Empire State Express streamlined engines
- A section on Hudson tenders
- Many Hudson “oddities”
- Hudsons being tested, run, and in the shops
- Hudsons’ final runs
- Detailed drawings for the modeler, including Paint and Lettering Drawings
- Even the “The Hudson that never was…”
- MSRP $79.95 – NYCSHS members $63.96 plus $5.50 S&H for either. In Collinwood Shop the S&H is added in the basic prices for USA buyers. (Shipping higher to Canada, Mexico, & Overseas – Contact us for shipping cost) – Ohio residents add 8% tax.
- Members’ price is 20% off MSRP and all proceeds go to the NYCSHS.
- A very limited quantity of numbered and signed copies available at $250.
- Expected First Qtr. 2016. Very limited run and no reprints.
- Order the book in the NYCSHS Collinwood Shop at www.NYCSHS.net
To download an order form to pay by check or money order click here.
By William D. Edson with H.L. Vail, Jr. and C.M. Smith
Published by the NYCSHS in 1978 and Re-Issued in 1995
Now Available for the First Time in a Digital Version
MSRP $35.00. NYCSHS Members’ Price $27.00 and that is 20% off MSRP.
Shipping is free and
If you love New York Central Steam or Electric Locomotives…
You simply MUST have… Steam Locomotives of the New York Central Lines, Volumes 1 and 2 by William D. Edson and H. L. Vail, Jr., assisted by Edward L. May. The ultimate authority on all steam and electric locomotives from the DeWitt Clinton of 1831 to P&LE 9406 of 1948. These books represent a lifetime of research for each of the compilers and are a fitting memorial not only to the legacy of the New York Central Lines but also to their untiring efforts to preserve that legacy for us all. These books are full of individual listings for every steam or electric locomotive, including year and month of construction, builder’s construction number, all known reclassifications and renumberings, and retirement date, and in many cases ultimate disposition. Read a review of these fine books here.
Hard Copies Sold Out!!!
DVDs available in the Collinwood Shop.
|SPECIAL! GET VOL. 1 AND 2
FOR ONE LOW PRICE!
$45.00 New Price
U.S. Only, Excluding Ohio
Includes Domestic Postage
$48.60 New Price
Ohio Residents Only
Includes Sales Tax
and Domestic Postage
Sold Out!!! DVDs Available in the Collinwood Shop.
Don’t want to pay online? You can mail your order with payment to:
NYCSHS, Inc. Book Orders
P. O. Box 130
Gates Mills, OH 44040-0130
For international orders, and for shipping to Alaska and Hawaii, please contact Jim Suhs to process your order.