The NYCSHS on-line Store
Has Numerous NYCS Books
Go to the Collinwood Shop and See many more!!
Click Here to Visit the Book Section
NYCSHS Announces the Latest In The
Series of NYCS Steam Locomotive Books
- Detailed history of the late Mohawk design of 1940, and the final L-4 design of 1942, using official railroad records and drawings, and profusely illustrated using an outstanding collection of high-quality photographs from the Society’s Collection and other collections, many previously unpublished
- Over 300 pages and photographs, including a 32-page color section
- Informative captions
- Useful to modelers and historians
- Written by Tom Gerbracht, NYCSHS Director and former President
- Limited production run, hard cover, using the best paper stock and outstanding photo reproduction, and sewn binding for permanency
- Very limited quantity of numbered and signed copies available as a separate store item
- MSRP $89.99
- NYCSHS Member Price 71.99
- All domestic US orders have $10.00 shipping added
- All non-US orders are charged actual shipping cost
- All proceeds go to the NYCSHS.
- Very limited run and no reprints.
- Order online at: Collinwood Shop
- Or mail order to address below.
- Dealers orders welcome – inquire at firstname.lastname@example.org
Mail orders to:
Know Thy Late Mohawks
P.O. Box 328
Shady Side, MD 20764
Be sure to include check for the book and shipping!!!
NYCSHS Announces The NYCS Diesel Locomotives on a DVD
By William D. Edson with H.L. Vail, Jr. and C.M. Smith
Published by the NYCSHS in 1978 and Re-Issued in 1995
Now Available for the First Time in a Digital Version
MSRP $35.00. NYCSHS Members’ Price $27.00 and that is 20% off MSRP.
Shipping is free and
Click Here to Order
If you love New York Central Steam or Electric Locomotives…
You simply MUST have… Steam Locomotives of the New York Central Lines, Volumes 1 and 2 by William D. Edson and H. L. Vail, Jr., assisted by Edward L. May. The ultimate authority on all steam and electric locomotives from the DeWitt Clinton of 1831 to P&LE 9406 of 1948. These books represent a lifetime of research for each of the compilers and are a fitting memorial not only to the legacy of the New York Central Lines but also to their untiring efforts to preserve that legacy for us all. These books are full of individual listings for every steam or electric locomotive, including year and month of construction, builder’s construction number, all known reclassifications and renumberings, and retirement date, and in many cases ultimate disposition. Read a review of these fine books here.
Hard Copies Sold Out!!!
DVDs available in the Collinwood Shop.
|SPECIAL! GET VOL. 1 AND 2
FOR ONE LOW PRICE!
$45.00 New Price
U.S. Only, Excluding Ohio
Includes Domestic Postage
$48.60 New Price
Ohio Residents Only
Includes Sales Tax
and Domestic Postage
Sold Out!!! DVDs Available in the Collinwood Shop.
Don’t want to pay online? You can mail your order with payment to:
NYCSHS, Inc. Book Orders
P. O. Box 130
Gates Mills, OH 44040-0130
For international orders, and for shipping to Alaska and Hawaii, please contact Jim Suhs to process your order.
NYCSHS Official Drawings
Any information on NYCS Motor cars, gas electric, or photos. Especially NYCS M-405.
We will get back to you.
If you look on the website here you will find a button at the top of the front page called “About NYC”, If you click on it and drop down to “NYC Research Info” and then slid right to “NYCS Research Resources” you will find many articles on various NYC things. In that area, by scrolling down you will find a section “The NYCS Motor Cars”. That article has much info on them. You can also just copy this lick on: https://nycshs.files.wordpress.com/2014/08/nycs-motor-car-roster.pdf into your browser and it will take you to the article directly.
Need to renew my membership and order a copy of the new Later Mohawks book as well. Can somebody foward an invoice for the total. Thanks – Geoff Stunkard
You can do that in the Collinwood Shop at http://www.NYCSHS.net If you can’t do that send an email to NYCSHS@verizon.net and request the info.
hi there! I just wanted to ask, would you guys happen to have any rare and clean audio of the NYCs steamers? I have mainly been interested in Niagara or hudson audio, the hudsons I am mainly interested in are the Empire State Express ones.
If anything, please let me know. Thank you!
Sorry we don’t.